Posted by Brad J. Ward | Posted in Higher Education, Marketing, Recruitment, Social Media, Speaking, Thoughts, Web | Posted on 03-03-2009
Following suit of Paul, Andrew and Karine, here is a list of the conferences I’m attending or speaking at in 2009. Mixed in will be a few BlueFuego Webinars and other Webinars that are still in the works. To keep track of speaking engagements down the road, visit http://bluefuego.com/presentations.
If you’re going to be at any of these, don’t hesitate to get ahold of me ahead of time or during the conference so I can be sure we meet up. BlueFuego is planning tweetups at some of these conferences, so more info to come on that as we get closer.
2009 Presentations and Conferences Attending:
- Innovative Branding and Marketing for Higher Education, Feb. 23-25 in Singapore, Singapore. I presented on how to integrate social media into a recruitment strategy.
- Already happened! Want to hear more on my thoughts or see slides and video from this presentation? Head over here.
- SXSW ‘09, March 13-17 in Austin, TX. I am co-presenting a Core Conversation panel with Dylan Wilbanks (University of Washington) titled “The Web In Higher Education: What’s Different?”.
- DON’T FORGET! Higher Ed Tweetup/Meetup at SXSW, March 15th. Click here to RSVP on Upcoming.
- MACAC, April 29-May 1 in Grand Rapids, MI. I am co-presenting with Andrew Meyers (Hope College) on using social media in admissions.
- OACUHO, May 24 in Toronto, ON, CA. I am presenting a 4-hour workshop on social media.
- NEACAC, May 27-29 in Springfield, MA. I am co-presenting with Drew Millikin (Saint Michael’s College) on ‘Your Mom Reads My Blog: The Power of Web 2.0 in College Admissions.’
- EduComm Conference, June 16-18 in Orlando,FL. I am presenting ‘The Recruitment Long Tail’.
- eduWeb Conference, July 20-22 in Chicago, IL. Details TBA.
- NACAC ‘09, Sept. 24-26 in Baltimore, MD. I am presenting on ‘Integrating Social Media into your Recruitment Strategy’.
- Innovative Educators Webinar, Fall 2009. Details TBA.
- Academic Impressions Webinar, Details TBA.
I really, really love conferences. Great opportunity to meet all of you in real life and make new friends. Can’t wait!
I still have some availability to speak through 2009, so email me at brad(at)bluefuego(dot)com to talk about your event’s details. Can’t wait until a conference to hear more about effectively using social media at your University? Contact BlueFuego to get a 1-on-1 session!