Posted by Brad J. Ward | Posted in Recruitment, Research, Speaking, Webinars | Posted on 14-01-2010-05-2008
I’m really excited about my upcoming webinar, Strategies for using Facebook Groups and Pages to Yield Students, on Thursday January 28th from 2-3:15pm!
The webinar is $199, and half of the proceeds are going directly to Hope for Haiti, a 501(c)(3) organization that’s using 100% of all donations to help those affected by the recent earthquake.
We’re going to be discussing all of the changes that have been made to Facebook since the Class of 2013 came through. Learn more about how you can leverage the updates to Groups to build community and help yield students for your incoming class. Get informed about the recent changes to Pages that will help you segment and target your messages better, and what trends are coming out of BlueFuego’s research of over 1,200 higher ed fan pages.
I have many key learning objectives for participants of this webinar, including:
- Learn the key differences between Facebook Pages and Groups, and which you should use.
- What to do when students (or spammers!) have already started your Class of 2014 Group or Page.
- How to successfully join and contribute to the community and discussion on Facebook.
- Measuring outcomes: How to track and gauge success of your yielding efforts.
- Targeting messages: Why the kids in Wichita don’t care about the yield event in Cleveland!
- Social Web Callouts and .edu Integration: How schools are promoting their presence on Facebook.
- Q&A Time: Get specific with your institution’s situation!